Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Alexander's life 2-14-06

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2006 12:28 PM, CST
Well, 2 steps forward one step back it is. Yesterday he had a good day, even woke up and started breathing, what they call triggering the vent. That was very exciting for me. They had to move his line that carries his heart meds because he developed a clot in his leg though, as far as I know it's just wait and see what the clot does...

He had a washout yesterday and had a tough night. They needed to turn his epi back up tot .3, the highest they can put it because his blood pressure wasn't staying up:( They say these things are expected, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating when you see him getting better and then just like that we backslide. Craig took day shift today because I'm just having a rotten time with all of this so I thought it would be better to just give myself some time to work through my feelings before going in this afternoon.

No comments: