Saturday, October 4, 2008

Time for a real post

Figured it was a good time to update on the goings on around here. Tonight is my last night of work before we go to Faith's Lodge next week on vacation! We are all very excited to be getting away for a few days with no work, no distractions, without half the towns teenagers in my presence at all times...... *sigh* bliss.

It's that time of year again. Poor Nate started vomiting on Tuesday. You might recall him being hospitalized in June for dehydration... when he gets sick he gets SICK. Well this bout was no difference and ended up with Craig bringing him in yesterday. One of the great things about working at the hospital is being able to be right there when someone in my family has to come in. Of course Nate was dehydrated again and urgent care quickly brought him over to ED where they decided to give him some IV fluids there, hoping not to have to admit him. Poor Mike the paramedic tried and tried to get that line in and couldn't. Through no fault of his own, Nate's a really hard stick anyway and put dehydration on top of teenie veins and you've got your work cut out for you. Finally we all decided we'd had enough and the doc agreed to see if he could keep pedialyte down orally.

Thankfully with that pedialyte into him and no puking happening he perked right up and started acting like the devious kid we have now nicknamed "beast". Even felt well enough to throw my brand new cell phone in the toilet, grrrrrrrrrr. I think it will be ok, today it works but there's some funny lines through the screen which I'm asuming are just some water trapped so I'm giving it another day or two of rest and hoping all is well.

AT the end of it, 4 hours later we left and he's been acting like his normal "beastie" self since! He, of course, was the star of the show in the ED and had all the nurses swooning. hehe. Now here's hoping the rest of us don't come down with it while on vacation!

I've scheduled some goofy posts through the week we are gone to keep you entertained hehe.

1 comment:

PBandJ said...

Ooohhh, poor Nate! Glad he is feeling better and I hope you guys have a great vacation. Too bad about the cell phone :( I am pretty useless without mine, I am sad to say, so it would have caused me great pain to have it thrown in the toilet!