Monday, May 15, 2006

Living without Alex 5-15-06

MONDAY, MAY 15, 2006 12:31 PM, CDT
Why is caringbridge eating my entries? I'm not all that happy with it I'll have you know. From now on I'm going to have to start copying what I wrote before I click save just in case.

Anyway, so onto what I just wrote........ deja vu going on or something.

I think Forrest Gump had it all wrong with his Life is like a Box of chocolates thing. Life is actually very little like a box of chocolates. A box of chocolates comes with that nifty little map in the top of the box to tell you precisely where your beloved caramel chocolates are located. And even if you somehow, by chance LOSE that little map, you can be fairly certain that you are still going to get....... chocolate, yes?

I've been thinking about this, as if I have nothing better to do (and yes i'm certain I have certifiably lost my sanity) and trying to think of a clever metaphor for what life IS actually like. All i've been able to come up with is a pile of &*#$ and well, that's not very clever or nice....... although maybe fairly close to being accurate.

So anyway, that's my wisdom for the day, or lack thereof. And btw, I'd like to thank the FDA, FBI, CIA, NBA, of whoever it is that ensures that when I buy a box of chocolates, I DO know what i'm gonna get.

No comments: