Saturday, June 17, 2006

Post moved from Alex's blog 6-17-06

SATURDAY, JUNE 17, 2006 09:18 PM, CDT
I don't really know what to write in here anymore. My thoughts and feelings seem clouded lately. Not a day goes by where I don't think of Alex and I don't expect that will ever change, nor do I want it to.

So many people take for granted. Take for granted that they will give birth to a healthy baby and take that baby home, that they will watch that child grow and learn. So many people just expect that thier child will be here tomorrow. Of course they do, they haven't seen what i've seen.

I ask you all to pray tonight. For a sweet little girl named Tiahna that is in the U of MN hospital fighting for her life from Leukemia. Such a beautiful baby. Her parents received some disheartening news today, the kind of news that really sets you back in the knowledge that your child might not live through this test. Not that I'm sure they've ever forgotten it, but sometimes you let yourself drift to the other outcome and by the grace of God you can keep yourself there in that happy place of "my child will come home". And then things change and you have to look in the face the possibility that kids DO die. They die suddenly, they die after long illnesses, they die because of mistakes, accidents, murder. Children die. Treatments sometimes can't work and we fight with God for our children until the time comes to realize that these children aren't ours to keep and it's a fight we can't win. This is a hard reality to swallow for anyone, but when you are the parent of a child who might die, the feeling is undescribable.

I'm probably not making much sense tonight and that's ok. My heart is heavy tonight. I feel like since Alex died death follows me. Although I may not always personally know the children or thier families, children dying is everywhere I turn. Sometimes I wonder if it's me lol maybe i'm bad luck or something. I wonder why God lead me to this place I stand right now. What purpose does it serve to keep death in my sights? What do you want me to do with this wisdom and knowledge that you've given me through the life and death of my dear sweet son? I pray for direction
.

No comments: