Thursday, July 5, 2007

Scary

Update: July 12th. For some reason blogger isn't showing my new post. UGH!


We had a bit of a scare yesterday. We went to the 4th of July parade here in town and I found a shady spot to stand in with N and C took the kids up by the curb so they could see better and get some candy.

About 10 minutes into it C2 (9) comes over to me looking extremely pale and telling me he needed something to eat. He had just eaten about an hour before we left but the look on his face told me something was wrong. I yelled to C so I could get some money and get C2 a hot dog from the stand and when I did C2 collapsed into me. I caught him and screamed for C again and yelled "someone HELP please!". I looked down and C2's eyes were wide open but he was out cold. Ccame over and grabbed him and an EMT took him and left toward the tent. I followed her while C got the other kids.

By the time she had gotten him over there he was awake and talking but very weak. We got him some water and a hot dog and over the course of about 20 minutes he perked up enough to walk.

I took him to the ER and he passed the nerological exam fine, didn't appear to have anything going on with his heart. The doctor said that he was probably standing there with his knees locked and had a vaso-vagal episode (momentary loss of oxygen to the brain) and it would likely never happen again.

Parenting is so scary!

No comments: