Sunday, September 23, 2007

Toby Keith- Love me if you can

I must start off by saying that I don't like Toby Keith. I think he's good for banking on whatever the cash cow of the moment. His album "shock'n y'all" proved that. Making a buck off commercial patriotism. Didn't hear a damn thing 'bout the red white and blue until it was worth a buck.

He's been called "the voice of our generation".......... PUKE! If THAT'S the voice of our generation....... where do I take my name off the list? His music use to be decent, now it's pure bravado, sexism, and machoism, he's also a childish hypocrit .......aside from that, his new single totally has me hooked. I *gulp* actually feel it describes ME in a sense. Here's the chorus to that song.


"Love Me If You Can"

I'm a man of my convictions
Call me wrong, call me right
But I bring my better angels to every fight
You may not like where I'm goin'
But you sure know where I stand
Hate me if you want to
Love me if you can

Aside from the fact that I am not a man, I think it's pretty spot on. I'm not sure sometimes what I have more of, enemies or allies. But that's ok because as Eugene Debs said:

"When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong. The minority are right."

A couple more quotes for today

It is time to get back to basics, time to go back to nature and ourselves. ~ Darina Stoyanova ~

And one the funniest comedians ever (whom I don't agree with on everything either)...... George Carlin

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

"People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think"

"The next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election"

"The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept"

And just for shits and giggles...... some lovely quotes from our Commander in Chief



"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." —Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

“See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don’t attack each other. Free nations don’t develop weapons of mass destruction.”

I want each and every American to know for certain that I'm responsible for the decisions I make, and each of you are as well.

I've been talking to Vicente Fox, the new president of Mexico... I know him... to have gas and oil sent to U.S.... so we'll not depend on foreign oil.

They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.

There ought to be limits to freedom.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you like patriotic songs, look up eric dodge and his single "i pledge" i like it, and i am not even american