Sunday, January 23, 2011

Maternity portraits

So one of my photographers in Hawaii has been working her lil hiney off.  Hawaii is such a beautiful state and I'm so excited to have the honor of editing her photos.  This photo shoot is of an expectant mother and father and turned out beautifully!















Absolutely stunning and I love the special touch of the flower on her belly.  I wonder how many times baby kicked that flower off!




















Again, the flower.  Adding something simple like this and playing with the color and focal point is a great way to enhance a picture.




















Some call the heart on the belly thing dated, but I think it's a beautiful sentiment.


Maternity portraiture takes a creative eye and and the ability to make your subject feel comfortable.  Many women are self conscious about their changing bodies but I find them beautiful!

Do you have any great maternity shots?  I'd love to see them and share them with my readers (with credit where it's due of course!) Email to mom2angelalex@me.com

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'll have to email you my picture - I love these pics so much. You have one very talented photographer on your hands!