Friday, January 28, 2011

A momma without her cub

So, y'all are probably aware (or not)  that my oldest son, Austin stayed in Wisconsin to live with his grandmother and finish school.  


Last night I got a phone call from my mother informing me that he was in severe pain and she was taking him to the ER.  Now this kid has the highest pain tolerance of anyone I've ever met.   Take for instance the time he broke his thumb and came into the house laughing, showing me how deformed it was.  Yeah, he's not a wimp people.  So for him to be in so much pain that he was writhing was freakin me out.  Combine that with the fact that I couldn't properly assess him over the phone (hey, got my PHD from mom University, don't judge) I was a worried momma bear.


Then it went from bad to worse.  They saw something on xray that looked like intussusseption (bowel telescoping in on itself) and were suspecting a perforated bowel with infection spilling all over his gut.  OMG.  So I'm trying to arrange the next flight out to Cheeseville, right?


Then my 8 year old decides to projectile vomit all over the bathroom.  Are you kidding me with this?  REALLY?


Thankfully CT revealed a kidney stone and nothing in the bowel.  WHEW!  As of today it still hasn't passed, he's still in agony on pain meds and he's going back this afternoon to see if they will stent it.


I hate not being able to make my "baby" feel better.  In the meantime Jack, Shay, and Chris have all been battling the tummy bug.  So I didnt' have to go to the land of snow and cold, but I get to spend this beautiful 70 degree day cleaning up copious amounts of vomit.  


Stay tuned for some HUGORMOUS NEWS later today.  BIG people, BIG.  (Well little actually, no bigger than a bread box.....)

No comments: