Monday, May 21, 2007

Welcome to my world

Welcome to my world
I've had a few blogs. 1 on Diaryland and most currently my yahoo 360 blog. I've decided to move over here for the options and to change things up a little. I consider myself A little crunchy, what does that mean? Well it means that while I don't totally devote myself to tree hugging, I don't hesitate to hug a tree that tickles my fancy. I have very strong opinions about things and consider myself well educated about what I beleive in.


Breastfeeding- I consider myself a "lactivist". What the heck is a lactivist you ask? Well it's simple, I advocate a babies right to be breastfed. I am adamant about my belief that babies were made to be, have a right to be, and ought to be breastfed. I beleive that there are very few scenarios where a baby cannot be breastfed and that the whole "it takes a village to raise a child" theory comes into play, we as a society FAIL our babies by not supporting, educating, and advocating breastfeeding.

Baby wearing and absolutely no Crying it out- aka spoiling. At least that's what I'm told. I think our babies are placed from our wombs to our arms terrified. We need to earn thier trust. In order to do that we need to meet thier needs, even if those needs interfere with what we want or need. I honestly beleive this creates well adjusted human beings who are secure in thier knowledge that every need will be met or at least attempted by the people who are here to care for them.

I beleive in large families. I don't buy the "overpopulation" theory, quite the contrary in fact. I beleive the world is running out of good citizens in a hurry........ which is why I strive to make more! I don't beleive that pumping our bodies full of hormonal birth controls is good for us for a second, and suspect that the use of these drugs creates fertility issues for our children and our children's children.

I believe daycare is an abomination- When a family has 2 parents one of them should be at home raising the children. I don't care which it is, a father can do as good a job as a mother at this extremely important endeavor. I beleive that the choice to put your children in daycare for monetary reasons is selfish. I beleive that there are good reasons to work, to provide food, shelter, clothing, education, and medical care for your family, but I don't beleive that in order to do this 2 parents must work. I think the choice for 2 parents to work is a choice of luxury and convenience, you don't need a DVR, you dont' need a new sofa, you don't need a cell phone, you want them......... and your children want YOU!

I'll give you that much to chew on for the time being. If you regularly read this blog I hope you become enlightened, interested, and even angry at times. This blog will be a place for me to unleash my views on the world and you might not always like them, in fact I'm sure you may hate them sometimes but that's ok......... anger doesn't always breed more anger, sometimes it breeds action. Happy reading!

1 comment:

tropicalg77 said...

Does this mean your having one more? If you do I will, but lets plan this right so we can share together!!