Friday, November 23, 2007

Exactly how many nights

Is it healthy to go without decent sleep? I'd really like to know.

Nate's been sick now for........... I don't know, weeks. Because of this he coughs himself awake every 45 seconds or so at night and by about 3 am he's given up on sleep altogether. This means that I am forced to give up on sleep as well as he needs someone to cuddle and entertain him at that ungodly hour. My husband, being the greatest dad in the world that he is helps too, but for the most part the 3 of us all just stay awake.

And the snot. If there is one thing on this planet that makes me want to hurl it's THAT kid with the boogers constantly running down their face. Lately, that is my kid. Freaking gross.

And it's not just Nate. They are allllll sick in some way or another. Everything from an earache to being constipated has afflicted this house in some severe form or another in the past 3-4 weeks. The one thing I can be thankful for is that so far, mom and dad have remained fairly healthy.

Turkey day was nice. We went to my moms and stuffed ourselves stupid with all the yummie turkey fixins. And pie. OMG my brother and his wife made NINE pies.... there were 11 people (not counting the babies). We came home with I think 4 full pies. Not that I'm complaining, pumpkin pie has got to be my favorite thing on the planet.

I've been in full fledged de-clutter mode. It seems crap just piles up in this house and I don't really know why. I think I'm a mild hoarder or something. This week I've done approximately 21 loads of laundry. Yes, in one week. The girls removed at LEAST 15 loads from their bedroom floor alone, who knew they had tan carpet? I didn't. And I'm not even done. I probably have another 8 loads or so to go, hopefully I can get them done yet this weekend. I'm not holding my breath. Really, no children need as many clothes as these kids have. I swear I prune their wardrobes on a monthly basis just getting rid of the things we don't LOVE and they still have an insane amount of clothing.

In other news. My "baby" boy shot his first deer yesterday! On his first day EVER of hunting. I'm so proud!



Anyway, Nate's done with his snack and yelling so I guess that's my cue to find something more entertaining for him...

No comments: