Saturday, May 3, 2008

So I laid in bed last night unable to fall asleep, formulating todays blog post in my mind. The problem is, I forgot it. Bummer.

My thoughts are so jumbled lately and I can't seem to be able to sit down and write about one subject. My mind drifts from this to that and back again and soon it doesn't make sense to me, let alone anyone else.

Today is cleaning day. Which is why I'm sitting on my ass while my helpless children slave away. No, actually I have gotten a lot done today including bagging up 5 garbage bags of winter clothes for the free garage sale, this week will find me going through the 10-12 totes and bags full of summer clothes to sort out what fits, what doesn't, and what is no longer liked. Now it's time for the children to clean the space I allot them in my castle. Which always means drama, drama, and more drama. Someone is hitting someone, someone isn't cleaning, someone threw a baseball through the window, someone stole a car....... Ok maybe not that far, yet. Days like today, having a gazillion kids isn't so fun. Too bad we can't just wallow in squallor and be happy. Wait, THEY could..... Too bad I can't wallow in squallor and be happy. So, until I figure out how to adore filth, we will have these lovely cleaning days.

So, I'm frustrated and crabby today and I think Craig was actually happy to run off to work a bit ago. So now I sit here with a 12 year old drama queen who's acting like she's 2, her 7 year old prodigy who is sitting on the floor at my feet because she won't stop screaming and can no longer be allowed to interact with her siblings, and 3 lovely little boys who are actually doing what they are told. I think I want this baby to be a boy......... I've changed my mind.

No comments: