Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A good day

So I broke down and bought a new laptop today. I just couldn't deal with it anymore, plus when I go on photo shoots I NEED a laptop, sooo. I got a Toshiba Satellite. It's really quite purdy. Unfortunately now I"m having to learn Vista.

I wanted a Mac, but I simply can't spring the bucks for one just yet, soon maybe.

Today was Shay's birthday. We had fun. She got to pick out her birthday presents since I really just had no clue what to get her and she decided that she wanted to get a build a bear. So the tan puppy Angel with the pink sneakers and outfit is the newest member of the family. She also got a bunch of candy from the candy store in the mall.

The kids' appts today went well. Nate is up to 21 lbs finally! The doc was quite impressed with his jump in weight. He's now 30 inches tall. He's doing great. We talked about him getting the fire shits everytime he drinks juice and she said that unfortunately the only solution is to not give him juice until he's a little older and his system gets tougher, to just get his fruits into him in the original form.

Shaylin lucked out and didn't get back x-rays today!!!!! The doc said that on visual inspection the curve really didn't seem to have progressed much in the last year, so she'd rather not subject her to the x-rays if it was ok with us. Since they take a lot of pictures for scoliosis and Shay will need a lot of them in the coming years she'd rather just not subject her to the radiation now if it's not really needed. We were ok with that, we trust her judgement.

Uh oh, gotta go to a friends house, her family was just evacuated, something may be on fire!

4 comments:

Teesa69 said...

Happy Birthday Shay! And yay Nate for the weight gain. Tyler gets tose fire shits when he drinks certain kinds of fruit juice too!

I didn't like having to learn Vista when I got my Toshiba either but I think I'm finally used to it (at least the features I use)...Yay for a laptop...maybe I will 'see' more of you now?

tropicalg77 said...

Hey i have been looking at a mac too...they are pricey but I think I am going to go for it.

I just splurged and got cable...I am moving up in the world.

Sabrina said...

A new laptop is always a good thing. Good thing they are getting cheaper to buy! I'm glad the kids appointments went well!

Anonymous said...

I like having a laptop MUUUUUCH better than a desktop. You can curl up anywhere you want to with it within reason. Vista takes some getting used to....still has a lot of annoying bugs. I wanted a Mac too for my music, but didn't get one for the exact same reason as you.

Yea...we try to avoid a lot of juice in our family....;)