Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sorry!

Gosh I've slacked her the past few days. But I have a good excuse, I've been really really really busy. A yard sale, 4 little league games in 3 days, a pageant fundraiser, another little league game (that my husband is now assistant coaching, bless him). And coming up this weekend a birthday party and Shay's in a parade. So I'm a little busy, give me a break here. I have 6 kids.

I had my 2 week miscarriage follow up appointment yesterday and and pleased to say that everthing looks great! No D&C!!!!! I could not be happier. I don't think badly of anyone who chooses the D&C route, and especially not anyone for whom it is necessary but for me I just really didn't want to have that done to me.

The midwife said that it was perfectly fine for us to get pregnant again as soon as we wished. As you know, we don't try to conceive and we don't prevent so that could be possible at any time. Unfortunately we won't be sharing the news until past 12 weeks, I just can't untell everyone again, that was too hard. She did say that for peace of mind I can come in at 7 weeks or so and have an ultrasound which I think I will be taking her up on. I won't go to the extent to have HCG levels drawn and all that but the risk of miscarriage drops to less than 2% after seeing a beating heart on the screen so I think that will be comforting.

I'm sure you all have heard about the storms and flooding lately in this area. Thankfully we were spared all but a little swimming pool in the front yard but our friends to the south weren't so lucky. In the Wisconsin Dells, where we vacation every year, Lake Delton flooded and then washed away, taking with it multiple homes and destroying one of the most beautiful landscapes in this state. The lake is now empty. EMPTY! Very sad. All over the midwest people lost homes, belongings, and lives this past week. Please include all these people in your prayers.

Also, please visit a CF husbands blog and extend your warm wishes to this family who has endured more than most this past year. They have recently encountered a setback in Tricia's health.