Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not really much to blog about. We've had some great weather here lately and have been spending time outside, riding bikes, and just hanging out. I love summer!

Austin is at his dad's house for 2 weeks camping. In their new RV. How nice. I want a new RV..... or maybe just the child support I'm owed, whichever. Or hey, maybe the granite counter tops he gave his wife for Christmas.... I'd take those too. So when they asked if Austin could come I was all for it, damn right he's going to get to use the new camper! It never ceases to amaze me just how much a guy who's "so broke I can't hardly pay my employees" can buy. I wish I was THAT kind of broke!

I can't beleive June is over half over already. I can't wait til the 4th of July, our town always has a big parade and stuff, it's fun. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of last year's parade events which involved an unconcious child, EMT's and a trip to the emergency room, I could do without all that excitement.

Speaking of, it's been a while since I updated on Christian. He's doing pretty well. He had a GI appt in April and the GI was pleased that the Prevacid and Lactaid had seemed to help Chris tremendousely in the pain department. We are still unsure why he's so little and why he's not gaining weight but the GI is going to follow him every 6 months for a while and watch what his height and weight does. So I guess it's as good as we can hope for right now.

Nate has to see the ophthamologist on the 7th for his yearly cataract appt. I'm sooo hoping it hasn't grown at all. That eye likes to cross when he looks up which makes me nervous that the cataract is interfering with the vision some, although I don't know why it would have that effect. The doc seemed confident at our visit last year that he would do fine and not need lens replacement, I'm hoping he's right. Although at that time he also said that he couldn't even really see the cataract until his eyes were dilated and the ped that admitted him saw it right away so that makes me think it must be bigger, I guess we'll find out on the 7th. I'm dreading the appointment because they really have to look at that eye and I know Nathan is going to fight tooth and nail. Last year was a challenge and he was only 4 months old.

I hear Nate crying through the monitor. My cue that me time is officially over.

No comments: